News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 14

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Trish2
#325Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:43pm

Talk about straying as far away as possible from the "source material! "

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#326Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:44pm

beanie feldstein is fanny said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I think they said it was Ramin."

To myknowledge, it's not but I'm not willing to bet on that like I was with Bean!
"

Oh?

beanie feldstein is fanny
#327Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:45pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Curious what theatre this will be in!"

A W 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#328Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:46pm

ACL2006 said: "Without a name, this might play the Golden and still not fill the theater."

This will not play the Golden - Thoughts of a Colored Man is set to end its limited engagement on March 20. I don't think you can load that out and load in Funny Girl, go through tech, and begin previews in just a week and a half.

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#329Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:47pm

I wonder if, and who, they will cast a matinee/standby Fanny...

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#330Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:47pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Curious what theatre this will be in! "

I feel like it'd play perfectly in the Bernard B Jacobs Theatre or the Ethel Barrymore (once Waitress is gone). A small intimate space would be perfect for it but I wonder if they're trying to go for that?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#331Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:48pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Curious what theatre this will be in! "

I feel like it'd play perfectly in the Bernard B Jacobs Theatre or the Ethel Barrymore (once Waitress is gone). A small intimate space would be perfect for it but I wonder if they're trying to go for that?

"

The Barrymore is occupied this spring with Paradise Square.

Oh look, a bibu!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#332Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:49pm

Ever since Beanie's name was mentioned the other day, I've been totally on board with it. If I want to hear the songs sung by an amazing vocalist, I can watch the movie or the countless YouTube videos of other artists. Sure, the show will be a tougher sell without a big star, but, artistically, I think this casting is incredibly exciting, and I can't wait to see what she does with the comedy aspect of the role. 

BCfitasafiddle
#333Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:49pm

Look, honestly: I am so excited to get to see an actual production of this show.

Updated On: 8/11/21 at 01:49 PM

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#334Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:54pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Curious what theatre this will be in! "

"

The Barrymore is occupied this spring with Paradise Square.
"

Thank you, I almost forgot!

SouthernCakes
#335Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:55pm

I more worried about the direction. Mayer isn’t really known for comedy, right? I’d have loved to have seen Mariene Elliot direct this. Female creative team. Oh well.

I’m sure it’ll go in a big musical house.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#336Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:56pm

What about the St. James Theatre? Hello, Dolly played there!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#337Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:00pm

SouthernCakes said: "I more worried about the direction. Mayer isn’t really known for comedy, right? I’d have loved to have seen Mariene Elliot direct this. Female creative team. Oh well.

"

Michael Mayer directed the current Off-Broadway Little Shop of Horrors, as well as Head Over Heels.

Trish2
#338Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:03pm

Thankfully Harvey Fierstein is on board to revise a very dated, and clunky script.

SouthernCakes
#339Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:05pm

TaffyDavenport said: "SouthernCakes said: "I more worried about the direction. Mayer isn’t really known for comedy, right? I’d have loved to have seen Mariene Elliot direct this. Female creative team. Oh well.

"

Michael Mayer directed the current Off-Broadway Little Shop of Horrors, as well as Head Over Heels.
"

I saw head over heels and …. Yikes… didn’t see Little Shop. And I watched the London revival which was a slog. I just don’t get excited by his bag of tricks. Much rather have a lush revival with Sher or something. 

BCfitasafiddle
#340Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:05pm

I think everyone involved in this show knows the risk of casting Beanie Feldstein. The Streisand comparison has already begun. They wouldn't have picked her if they didn't believe she could bring it. She will deliver. I imagine she's already working on the songs. I have high hopes.

KFC1991
#341Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:07pm

Trish2 said: "Thankfully Harvey Fierstein is on board to revise a very dated, and clunky script."

Dated? It's a period piece. And the flaws are baked in to the show and have never stopped the show or film from being big succeses. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#342Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:09pm

@TafyDavenport - very different style of comedy, I think

@Trish2 - Harvey Fierstein already did a revised book for the London production, and it wasn't much improved from the original. Maybe he will rework it more. 

FindingNamo
#343Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:18pm

As this website's early vocal champion of "Booksmart," this meets my central belief that they should CAST BEANIE FELDSTEIN MORE.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#344Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:19pm

“ A W”

Looks like it’s at the August Wilson then! I think it’s the perfect house for it, The August Wilson is an underrated musical house.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#345Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:23pm

Sutton Ross said: "Beanie is absolutely not confirmed casting. Just a person making an account to create a rumor."

This aged well...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#346Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:29pm

So where can we start a petition to have Shoshana be the alternate?

BCfitasafiddle
#347Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:29pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ A W”

Looks like it’s at the August Wilson then! I think it’s the perfect house for it, The August Wilson is an underrated musical house.
"

Holding out hope for the St. James.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#348Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:31pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ A W”

"

The August Wilson would be a perfect.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BWAY Baby2
#349Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:37pm

Could be a Barbra moment for BeAnie- she has a lot on the docket---a new STAR?

The announcement comes at an already busy time for Feldstein, who appears next as Monica Lewinsky (opposite Sarah Paulson’s Linda Tripp) in FX’s Impeachment: American Crime Story. The 10-episode limited series debuts Sept. 7.

Following that, Feldstein will appear in A24’s movie adaptation of The Humans, the Tony-winning play by Stephen Karam. She is also currently filming Richard Linklater’s adaptation of the 1981 Stephen Sondheim musical Merrily We Roll Along — which, like Linklater’s Boyhood, is a real-time shoot that will ultimately span 20 years.

Videos