News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025- Page 2

Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:48pm

And now he gets another platform during an election period. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Owen22
#26Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:52pm

VernonGersch said: "David Mamet is one of the most horrible people both from a political stand point and creative perspective. The fact that Richards and Gold - not to mention Marber - are keen to dive into this play is a disgrace. I understand the economics of Broadway but surely there was another revival (god forbid taking a chance on a NEW play with that level of talent - minus Barr).

Mamet was always overrated in my opinion. From Speed The Plow to this to Oleanna. Hey, let's put some more white entitled men on stage....

His recent work out of LA got roasted over the coals because he is washed up POS playwright. And too bad Richards is going to be lining his TRUMPER pockets.
"

I agree he is a personally a POS, and I don't like much of his other works....but Glengary Glen Ross is a work of art.  An almost perfect play.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#27Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:55pm

When Broadway Lost The Gays...a case study of reviving GGR

Alex Kulak2
#28Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:56pm

Kad said: "And now he gets another platform during an election period."

The show isn't opening until 4 months after the election at the absolute earliest.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#29Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 4:09pm

Press will begin sooner and there will be a new administration regardless. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#30Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 4:20pm

I don't understand the level of hand-wringing that is happening here over Mamet's most famous play getting another revival, especially because, whether he intended it to be or not, it is essentially a satire of straight white men. The point is to laugh and cringe at how awful they are. This is why Kieran Culkin was cast - it's basically Succession with real estate salesmen.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
JSquared2
#32Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 5:54pm

Kad said: "And now he gets another platform during an election period."

Yeah. Because the country has been waiting with bated breath to know what David Mamet thinks, so they can make an informed decision on Election Day. 

This thread, collectively, needs to loosen the clutch on their pearls. 

Joviedamian
#33Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/9/24 at 12:50am

I read the only reason he gets his classics produced is because he has a new play/piece in the works. I bet an announcement comes soon of a new play premiering soon. 

Dreamboy3
#34Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/9/24 at 9:21am

Joviedamian said: "I read the only reason he gets his classics produced is because he has a new play/piece in the works. I bet an announcement comes soon of a new play premiering soon."

Right — didn’t  that awful play with Patti LuPone and Debra Winger coincided with another Mamet revival?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#35Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/9/24 at 9:54am

Joviedamian said: "I read the only reason he gets his classics produced is because he has a new play/piece in the works. I bet an announcement comes soon of a new play premiering soon."

He has a decades-long relationship with the producer of this revival who has done all of his recent Broadway work. Whether he has a new play or not is probably irrelevant. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#36Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/9/24 at 12:37pm

Maybe he wants “Bitter Wheat”, the play he did in London with John Malkovich “about” Harvey Weinstein to come here. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#37Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/12/24 at 11:33am

Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe he wants“Bitter Wheat”, the play he did in London with John Malkovich “about” Harvey Weinstein to come here."

This was my thought. It’s been said that if producers want his classic plays they need to commit to producing one of his new (bad) ones as well. Could be what’s happening here?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

KevinKlawitter
#38Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/12/24 at 11:36am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe he wants“Bitter Wheat”, the play he did in London with John Malkovich “about” Harvey Weinstein to come here."

This was my thought. It’s been said that if producers want his classic plays they need to commit to producing one of his new (bad) ones as well. Could be what’s happening here?
"

Be that as it may, I don't see any venue touching a Weinstein-by-way-of-Mamet production any time soon, especially given the tepid reviews. Maybe  he has another new play in the works?

BoringBoredBoard40
#39Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/13/24 at 3:20am

I wonder if the new play is the thing he just did in LA with Shia Labeouf...?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/13/24 at 8:46am

The classic / new work pairing thing seems to have been a thing in the late 00s and has fallen off with 2015’s China Doll, which wasn’t paired with a revival, and the 2022 American Buffalo revival, which wasn’t paired with a new work. Prior to that, though, there was a period where a revival and a new work were typically produced in close proximity, typically within a year (November/Speed-The-Plow/American Buffalo, in 2008, Oleanna/Race/Life in the Theatre, 2009-10,  The Anarchist/Glengarry, 2012).

Edit: looking up those productions, I'm kind of struck by how unmemorable and, in fact, quite unsuccessful most of them were, despite all being anchored by big names.  Out of those 8 productions across 4-ish years, it seems only Race, Glengarry, and Speed-the-Plow recouped. November had a decent run but closed at a loss, and Oleanna, Life, American Buffalo, and The Anarchist were not only flops but rather embarrassing ones.

Updated On: 8/13/24 at 08:46 AM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#41Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 9/9/24 at 2:23pm

Michael McKean is joining the production as George Aaronow. 

Oh look, a bibu!

KevinKlawitter
#42Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 9/9/24 at 4:04pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Michael McKean is joining the production as George Aaronow."

Interesting that they're going for a cast filled with actors primarily known for comedy. Wonder how that'll make Mamet's dialogue play differently compared to previous productions.

Alex Kulak2
#43Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 9/9/24 at 4:33pm

KevinKlawitter said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Michael McKean is joining the production as George Aaronow."

Interesting that they're going for a cast filled with actors primarily known for comedy. Wonder how that'll make Mamet's dialogue play differently compared to previous productions.
"

The copy of the published script that I have describes the play as a comedy. I don't know if I'd call it that, but I believe what Vince Gilligan said about casting Odenkirk as Saul Goodman: "If you can do comedy, you can do drama. It's not always the other way around."

Absolute all-star cast so far.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#44Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 9/9/24 at 5:35pm

Michael McKean is one of the smartest and most versatile men in entertainment. I passed up my last chance to see him on stage, but now I feel like I must.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos