News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread- Page 25

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#600The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:07pm

All caps because I want to get my message across:
MAY NEXT SEASON AND NEXT YEAR'S PROGRAM BE BETTER THAN THIS SH*TFEST.

Let me hear ya sing
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#601The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:09pm

Well that f**kin' sucks! And they wonder why no one watches...horrible show!

I *DID* love the banter between Nathan and Bebe!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#602The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:10pm

The one legit winner tonight is SEAN HAYES! THANK YOU for being such a talented, funny, and entertaining host! We'd LOVE to have you again next year!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#603The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread

Nathan Lane might have been the best thing about the show tonight.

wickedpoppinsfan
#604The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread

Very happy that Memphis won, I actually liked the show very much, but I have to say this season was REALLY boring.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#605The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:12pm

Not like there were many suprises tonight....this is the way most of us thought it would go. (Not how we WANTED it to go, mind you.) A lackluster season, a lackluster awards show.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bryan
#606The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:13pm

the worng feated actor in a muiscal won

PauloFanClem Profile Photo
PauloFanClem
#607The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:13pm

Agree that Sean Hayes is the gem tonight. If it was not him, I think I would just check the result after the ceremony.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#608The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:15pm

This is the first time I can recall the speeches being more entertaining than the musical numbers.

PEACE.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#609The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:15pm

I never had any doubt that Sean would be a perfect host whether the season was less than stellar or not. He is a great talent.

"it's a dirty little war"

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#610The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:16pm

I dunno, I think the real star of the show tonight was Cate Blanchett's sparkly pantsuit.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#611The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:17pm

I know I'm being ridiculous, but I'm actually a little disgusted that Memphis won. I know it was a terrible season. And Memphis was better than, say, Million Dollar Quartet. But I honestly think that of the 100+ musicals I've seen on Broadway, it is possible the most mediocre. Not the worst, mind you. But the least original, most lifeless, blandest, and most cliched. What a waste.

Brick
#612The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:17pm

"So they had the casts of all the nominated musicals waiting in the wings to go on, depending on who won?"

...like a reality tv show.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#613The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:20pm

I am still a little shocked about the results from Best Featured Actor in a Musical...

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#614The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:21pm

Well...if you're going to steal, steal from the best.

Lane's joke about calling this years Tonys, passover, was stolen directly from Bob Hope when he hosted one of the Oscars.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#615The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:22pm

Well Memphis has to be one of the weakest best musical winners ever, bland score and book.

Loved Bebe and Nathan, so funny

It was a british night thanks to Red and La Cage and a Zeta Jones etc

Memphis song is so cheesey i felt like i should shower afterwards

Sean did a great job as host, very funny

Peoples reactions on here to AI performance with the headaches, the lights been to much etc makes people on here sound like 70 year old women, im thrlled they won for Lighting and Set as both are awesome.

The Ragtime performance was lovely

Fela left me cold im afraid

The opening was bland (Green day and Sean were good)

Come Fly Away should have got choreography, thats twice he has won for choreography for shows i think is undeserving (the other of course Spring Awakening)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

rjm516
#616The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:22pm

I think I'm most upset at Best Book going to Memphis. Although most of these awards were not deserved (just bc of the weakness of the season), Everyday Rapture really did deserve this one.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#617The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:23pm

I feel VERY mislead from this morning's rehearsal blog. The closing number, what was shown of it at least SUCKED.

Highlight of the evening was Nathan Lane and his flask.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#618The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:26pm

Raquel Welch should take over for Hodge when he leaves La Cage.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#619The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:26pm

I have to admit, the show started off pretty poorly performance wise. But, it picked up a little bit, with some clunkers in there. I am a tad bit disappointed it did seem that Hollywood actors trumped those who do theater on a regular basis. Don't they normally bring back at least the musical actors from the year before to present to the new one, or did I just make that up? At least that's a pattern I noticed in the past few years with the featured actress in a musical.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

PauloFanClem Profile Photo
PauloFanClem
#620The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:27pm

They are clever that they have Green Day for the opening! Thank god! If not, it would be like that year with Harry Connick Jr. singing There's No Business Like Show Business.

And yes, E. Rapture should win book! CZJ got over Sherie, fine, but Memphis for book? Hmm...

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#621The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:29pm

"I dunno, I think the real star of the show tonight was Cate Blanchett's sparkly pantsuit."

I think Sean Hayes' penis upstaged that during the Spiderman bit.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#622The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:30pm

Memphis is not a bad show at all. It's very enjoyable, and plus the other options weren't great at all. Memphis deserved it. The season wasn't strong, but this musical really was a great show. I don't know why so many of you don't like it, but we all have our opinions.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#623The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:31pm

Everyday Rapture should have won for "Best Book".

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

diva555
#624The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:39pm

memphis is a bunch of bonjovi reject songs recycled with broadway singers...

american idiot has great songs...for those who hate rock, check out the ballads...green day has won the grammy for song of the year...good songs like boulevard of broken dreams and wake me up when september ends and 21 guns, that you can actually remember...fine songwriting even within a rock format - can't wait to see it

catherine zeta jones makes me puke...her performance is so over the top, over pronounced...oh wait this is broadway!!!

Videos