pixeltracker

What does your name mean?- Page 2

What does your name mean?

irishgator1
#25What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 10:02am

Where I went to college and grad school...and when I went to register irishgator, it wasn't available and I had to tack the 1 on at the end.

mailhandler777
#26What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 10:05am

I'm a mail handler at USPS and I love to gamble so I usually include the 777 with whatever name I have. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#27What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 10:07am

I said this already in Ado's post as well, but my name's a reference to Harvey's Casa Valentina. I was auditioning to be a part of a local production of the play at the time I decided to stop being a lurker (after 2 years of lurking!) and create a profile here. I didn't get cast but since then, I have watched every production of the show I learn about, if I can travel there. Have seen 3 so far, and every single character has been played dramatically differently in every rendition. That play is pure genius.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#28What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 11:31am

Well, the username "Malka" was already taken :) It means "queen" in Hebrew. Also is my name. I clearly put a lot of time and thought into this!

Rhoda4 Profile Photo
Rhoda4
#29What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 11:43am

My favorite old movie - - - "The Bad Seed" 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#30What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 11:55am

The MC is for Michael Crawford, of whom I've been a fan for nearly three decades now. The 2 is because I wasn't allowed to have just MCfan. What does your name mean? 

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#31What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 12:55pm

Missing the "t" at the end, it's a line spoken by the character of Sheila in my favorite musical, "A Chorus Line."

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#32What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 3:03pm

Slumdog Millionaire is one of my favorite movies, and I'm originally from Delaware (now living in NYC). Mash-up.

kaykordeath
#33What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 3:32pm

Bastardized/"edgier"/updated/personalized spelling of one of my favorite comedy routines by one of my favorite comedians.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#34What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 4:21pm

WE'RE OUT OF CAKE! WE ONLY HAD THREE BITS AND WE DIDN'T EXPECT SUCH A RUSH...SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?

MY CHOICE IS "OR DEATH?!"

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Jarethan
#35What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 6:52pm

A mix of parts of my two sons' names.  

JustAnotherNewYorker
#36What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 6:56pm

Well, I'm just one of the 8+ million, so

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#37What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 7:58pm

When I was in middle school, I was a hardcore gleek. Watched religiously, saw the concerts, bought all the CDs. No matter what you think of it, it nurtured and started my love for musical theatre. As for 4114, since Kindergarten in my school district, you were given a number to enter at lunch to charge money to your account. It stayed with me through high school. At this point, it's probably the easiest thing to remember because I used it for 13 years and continue to use it as part of my email and usernames. 

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#38What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 9:17pm

"I was younger then.

I was good at climbing trees."

Each year that goes by I feel more and more like an elder statesman on these boards-- reminiscing about the glory days in the 80's when I first worked (backstage) on Bway. That gorgeous song from PACIFIC OVERTURES says it all-- that even the least of us who were witnesses to glory, we matter.

Updated On: 7/18/17 at 09:17 PM

mpkie
#39What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 9:49pm

Mine is pretty nonsensical. I created the account on a whim after reading BWW after a while, not intending to be an account I'd use actively... I'm a casual gamer but in my previous life (10+ years ago), I played an online game as an orc (loved the concept of orcs since Lord Of the Rings movies) and my alias/nickname from my in-game friends was "meekie". The players called orcs "pork" (because of the race's lower intelligence). So "mpkie" is an abbreviated combination of those two things.

KathyNYC2
#40What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 10:39pm

I'm completely dull.

It's my name, I live here..but the name is usually taken, so I just added the 2.

mtchairs Profile Photo
mtchairs
#41What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 10:33am

Les Mis reference - mtchairs = empty chairs smiley

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 10:33 AM

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#42What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 10:44am

My absolute favorite character from anything! 

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#43What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 1:23am

I was a big fan of the Disney Sing Along Song videos as a kid. I watched them over and over on VHS. The 2 is because there was already a SingAlongSong username, which I think might have been me (but I couldn't remember the password). 

Dave112
#44What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 8:10am

I LOVE that film. The guy who had to have the penis reduction... Corky quitting... 

the one thing that bothered me was the orchestra. It was too good and too big. Wouldn't have happened. Aside from this "seaside" town in Missouri where there wouldn't be enough musicians AVAILABLE, but the hatred  the music director clearly felt for Corky means that he may have written the score but to orchestrate fir 18 instruments? Naw.

Other than that we've ALL done a show like that in our careers. 

As for my name, it's not as brilliant as yours (anonymity never occurred to me) From the Hebrew name ?????? (Dawid), which was probably derived from Hebrew ??? (dwd) meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. (I did it with an RPG launcher.)

Dollypop
#45What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 3:26pm

Mine reflects my passionate love for Shakespeare's LOVE'S LABOR LOST

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Theatricality Profile Photo
Theatricality
#46What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 3:37pm

Theatricality - noun- 1. The quality of being exaggerated and excessively dramatic (me). 2. The quality of relating to acting or the theater (what I love).

I figured that word would be a good fit for my username.

LarryD2
#47What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 3:44pm

My first name is Larry. Last initial is D. Apparently there was already a LarryD registered when I joined, so I became LarryD2. What an exciting story. What does your name mean?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#48What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 4:07pm

What my very young nieces and nephews called me when theh couldn't prounounce L's and R's!

Just give the world Love.

stage-n-screen
#49What does your name mean?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 6:26pm

I studied theater in college, worked as a motion picture development executive for a number of years, was lucky enough to work for a producer who has also done B'way theater, and I wrote/directed a play of my own, so... I'm equally obsessed with movies and theater.  When I wanted to finally post something I had a hard time coming up with something I liked - I was leaning towards a Sondheim-themed name (I'm a Sondheim nut) - but this seemed to fit, so I went with it.