pixeltracker

FROZEN cast performs on GMA- Page 2

FROZEN cast performs on GMA

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#25FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 12:16pm

What is their motive for performing everywhere? Especially on "The View," performing Let It Go and giving away the biggest song of the show?

If they've already performed the hits what are they doing on the TONYS?

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#26FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 12:25pm

I went in expecting to hate it based on most people's reviews, and my own dislike of the music having heard Let It Go on the recorder too many times at the school where I work during the peak of Frozen-mania. 

Was it groundbreaking? No. It's definitely not Lion King or BATB caliber, but I found I enjoyed it more than Aladdin, as I felt the new songs actually added a bit to the story and they didn't have to modify new characters to replace animal sidekicks and the like. Act 2 was a mess and most of the more memorable songs are in Act 1, for me, but I found myself pleasantly amused.

Granted, I also paid $30 on stubhub about an hour or two before the show. I can imagine I would have felt slighted if I had shelled out a lot for it. 

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#27FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 12:29pm

ucjrdude902 said: "What is their motive for performing everywhere? Especially on "The View," performing Let It Go and giving away the biggest song of the show?

"

Hygge, of course.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#28FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 12:35pm

bwayrose7 said: "ucjrdude902 said: "What is their motive for performing everywhere? Especially on "The View," performing Let It Go and giving away the biggest song of the show?

"

Hygge, of course.
"

That would never be considered appropriate for network television!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#29FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 1:13pm

"Monster" is a surprisingly bad song. It covers almost no new emotional ground, and rather than reveal any new information about a character already possessing too little stage time, it merely underscores points covered earlier. Melodic it isn't, and it doesn't have a hook like the song it's intended to both reference and extend.  It's a missed opportunity, since Else could reveal more complexity -- hopes, dreams, wishes, something -- once she gets her castle. It ends up just being a collection of money notes.  It's likely better in context, but the prosaic lyrics are startlingly awful anywhere. It's such a disappointment from this team. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#30FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 1:20pm

bwayrose7 said: "ucjrdude902 said: "What is their motive for performing everywhere? Especially on "The View," performing Let It Go and giving away the biggest song of the show?

"

Hygge, of course.
"

It’s all just advertising at this point. Maybe they’ll do a medley at Tony’s into Let it Go finale or something. 

Elegance101
#31FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 2:00pm

Auggie27 said: ""Monster" is a surprisingly bad song. It covers almost no new emotional ground, and rather than reveal any new information about a character already possessing too little stage time, it merely underscores points covered earlier. Melodic it isn't, and it doesn't have a hook like the song it's intended to both reference and extend. It's a missed opportunity, since Else could reveal more complexity -- hopes, dreams, wishes, something -- once she gets her castle. It ends up just being a collection of money notes. It's likely better in context, but the prosaiclyrics are startlingly awful anywhere. It's such a disappointment from this team."

The song also seems to be about her decision of whether or not to kill herself, which is questionable.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#32FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 2:05pm

After watching the Let It Go clip, you can actually hear the audiences disappointment after the curtain raises to see no castle.  

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

IlanaKeller
#33FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 2:17pm

rosscoe(au) said: "After watching the Let It Go clip, you can actually hear the audiences disappointment after the curtain raises to see no castle."

Having been in the audience for the taping, I can assure you there was no audible "disappointment" in the room. They taped the number twice, so it's always possible you are not getting the full surprise/reaction from them seeing it for the first time, but no one there I am aware of had any issues with it. FWIW, nor has anyone I've talked to after seeing the show in person, but I won't claim to have any omniscient knowledge of the disappointment-o-meter.

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/
Updated On: 5/31/18 at 02:17 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#34FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 2:23pm

ucjrdude902 said: "What is their motive for performing everywhere? Especially on "The View," performing Let It Go and giving away the biggest song of the show?

"

Pretty sure putting together Good Morning America and The View, they've captured better ratings here than the Tonys. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#35FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 3:04pm

I personally dont miss the castle. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#36FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 3:51pm

Based on The View performance I think I’d be fine with that in the theatre. Of course there could have been a castle, but there’s still plenty of spectacle. Some posters made it sound like the crystal curtain was all there was.

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#37FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 4:21pm

Watched "The View" this morning and was greatly disappointed.  Why is the stage sooo gloomy and dark?  The film wasn't like that, Cassie Levy's voice is too deep and not melodic like Idina Menzel's at all.  The other thing that I found especially disturbing was the staging, it seems that it you are not exactly at the correct place to the special effect movements, you have the potential to lose limbs or possibly skin.  I've seen better staging and costume reveals on "Drag Race"...

stevie3
#38FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 4:21pm

Very Impressive !!! This show will tighten up like a drum after the Tonys. 

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#39FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 4:34pm

How does a show tighten up after the Tonys ?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

a-mad
#40FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 4:59pm

Wow!  I thought Caissie nailed it.  No wonder crowds seem to love this number - it truly is thrilling.  Yes, no ice castle, but her performance of the song and the terrific projections make up for it.  And like the poster above has stated... it seems like audiences really don't care if there's no ice castle - which if you were to ask certain posters on this board, is akin to perhaps the worst theater tragedy of 2018.

Yes, I realize that the GMA/View audience was asked to be loud and vocal, but from what I understand, the audiences each night really respond to this number with a lot of enthusiasm - and I think it's deserved.  

Elegance101
#41FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 7:09pm

Caissie did really do so well with that. And while I would've preferred more practical set pieces, it still is a thrilling number.

But was there a sign that told the audience how to react? The cheering makes sense, but they all literally say "ooh" and "aaah" in unison.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#42FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 7:15pm

Levy sings quite well. It's just such a disappointing production. A projection of a staircase? Beyond laughable. It continues to baffle me that a creative team got the opportunity to do Frozen on Broadway and came up with this visually dark, gloomy production.

broadwayboy223
#43FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 7:29pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Levy sings quite well. It's just such a disappointing production. Aprojectionof a staircase? Beyond laughable. It continues to baffle me that a creative team got the opportunity to doFrozenon Broadway and came up with this visually dark, gloomyproduction."

It's a shame we didnt get to see Alex Timbers vision. I dont remember who posted it, but on the original frozen thread someone here mentioned how most of the budget that was spent to all the workshops and labs that Timbers was involved with including a creative trip to Norway or something. I think after Timbers was fired they scaled back HUGELY. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#44FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 9:41pm

If you know anything about Michael Grandage as a director, the dim lighting and dreariness shouldn’t surprise you.

How he was hired for a project like this puzzles me.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#45FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 10:12pm

They better hurry if they want time on The Chew!

greenifyme2
#46FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 10:19pm

I get that they’re advertising the show but they just revealed the best part...

RicardoMagon Profile Photo
RicardoMagon
#47FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 5/31/18 at 11:27pm

Just watched the Let it go scene from THE VIEW and all i have to say is: Goddammit Disney. I was imagining an Ice castle coming up from the stage ( sort of like pride rock in lion king) and it just never happened. Could have been such a spectacular moment. Lord knows Disney has the money to do it. How do you mess that up? Also, they showed let it go and they showed "for the first time in forever". They showed the only good songs in the show so why would I buy tickets to this? I'll wait for the live action film that's probably happening in 10 years. Ps. Cassie sounded great. I liked what she did to the end of the song. Didn't like her dress though. Looks like she's on Miss America.

Updated On: 5/31/18 at 11:27 PM

BroadwayPrincess3 Profile Photo
BroadwayPrincess3
#48FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 6/1/18 at 12:15am

The thing with Disney is, when they're good, they're REALLY good. The teams can be so creative. The Lion King (when it premiered, at least) was something totally new and different. Beauty and the Beast went in a dark new direction.

You just can't say the same for the little details in Frozen. I wish they had rigged Levy's costume so that some sort of synthetic snow came out at times. It would be much more impressive than projections. Disney comes up with the wildest way to bring new things to the table, but that didn't happen. It looks like the Hyperion show. I wanted some sort of set piece. Some sort of tangible thing. And I was expecting it, which makes the letdown worse.

mailhandler777
#49FROZEN cast performs on GMA
Posted: 6/1/18 at 12:27am

RicardoMagon said: " Didn't like her dress though. Looks like she's on Miss America."

Did you see the movie? It's an exact replica of what she wears in the movie. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)