News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

City Center's 24-25 Season: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life- Page 8

City Center's 24-25 Season: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#175City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/12/24 at 1:25pm

I'm assuming you're wondering if she's covering Audra in Gypsy, and not with a recent Tony win she's not! That would be a major career stepback. If it were an alternate situation, MAYBE, but I don't see Audra doing that. (Kalukango is also kinda too young for Rose)

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#176City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/13/24 at 11:46am

We do not need another bland and uncreative DeBessonet transfer of anything.  Poor Lincoln Center has no idea what they are in for.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#177City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/13/24 at 12:16pm

CoffeeBreak said: "Poor Lincoln Center has no idea what they are in for."

Don’t be daft, of course they know what they’re in for. They’ve seen all her New York productions, they interviewed her, and they chose her over many other candidates. (Remember we also have no idea how frequently she’ll be directing and in which venues; I bet it won’t be every year.)

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#178City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/14/24 at 12:00am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "CoffeeBreak said: "Poor Lincoln Center has no idea what they are in for."

Don’t be daft, of course they know what they’re in for. They’ve seen all her New York productions, they interviewed her, and they chose her over many other candidates. (Remember we also have no idea how frequently she’ll be directing and in which venues; I bet it won’t be every year.)
"

Totally agree -- not to mention, it's quite the difference to be AD of Encores! and direct there, versus being the head of a bigger entity like Lincoln Center and directing there. And to split hairs, the news articles said she would continue to direct -- but didn't specify she'd direct at LCT. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#179City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/14/24 at 5:55am

Welp couldn't tell from how well her Into The Woods was received. 

Yes it had no set & looked cheap as borscht, but that probably helped it make money.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#180City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
Posted: 10/14/24 at 7:03am

It was received well due to out-of-covid availability and full orchestra. 

Latest Posts

Videos