News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 38

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#925HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:43pm

Call_me_jorge I'm not sure. PM it to me and I'll find out for you :P

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#926HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:46pm

I need a code!!

Not to be confused with Dave19.

catmandoo
#927HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:48pm

I'm not sure if it's still valid... I'd be willing to check!

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#928HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:53pm

Can anybody confirm if 3/24 or 3/31 are sold out?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#929HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:57pm

Almost everything is showing up red which means sold out now and all the yellow going fast shows nothing anyway. Such a waste of time. 

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 04:57 PM

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#930HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:57pm

Please, if anyone gets a code and is unable to get seats that work for them, PM me. I'd be so grateful and would be willing to compensate you if it works out. I hate to sounds needy, but my family member has been going through some really difficult times lately with his health and his home, and I know this would be mean the world to him. Thanks!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#931HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:58pm

TheSassySam said: "Can anybody confirm if 3/24 or 3/31 are sold out?"

3/24 I know for sure is sold out.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

amysea
#932HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:01pm

I just saw this on the official website:

“All tickets for this initial TICKETMASTER VERIFIED FAN®release on October 18 have now been sold.”

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Nycat63
#933HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:01pm

I just logged back in with my standby code (wasn't sure I could but it let me) and literally every date is now red (sold out).  So I think that's that until they hopefully release more.  Still hopeful that they held some back.  At this point, even buying premium seats for June when I'm already coming to NY would be cheaper than taking a second trip.

Broadway Joe
#934HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:04pm

These prices were ridiculous anyway, 165 bucks to sit in the balcony of this theatre? No chance in hell. I sat in the last row of that balcony for Spider-Mans first preview and it's extremely high and far back. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#935HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:05pm

Wow. About 9 months sold in a few hours. 

Just give the world Love.

electrode10
#936HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:05pm

They seemed to have shut it down right in the middle of me getting seats. There were a ton of yellow dates before that, then red all at once. I had some $165 seats for October. I have a couple codes because I was trying for some friends who are at work and wasn't sure if the time ran out on the code so I tried the other's and all red. Wonder if it's down for good until the next batch.

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#937HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:06pm

I'm hoping that means they'll be releasing more that they held back from this block of tickets, and and not more that they plan to release from Nov 2018 onwards, and that they will maybe even give preference to the people who tried during this round but never got a code. I never got off standby and would love to have a shot at this. It's a shame, because I never had an issue battling bots and getting tickets before. With this system, however...it's a different story. 

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 05:06 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#938HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:07pm

@HPPlayNYC  5m Tickets for our 1st release have now sold. Don’t worry! There will be plenty more chances to buy tix before previews begin. #CursedChildNYC

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 05:07 PM

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#939HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:12pm

Broadway Joe said: "These prices were ridiculous anyway, 165 bucks to sit in the balcony of this theatre? No chance in hell. I sat in the last row of that balcony for Spider-Mans first preview and it's extremely high and far back."

The theatre has been completely redesigned - supposedly with the goal of making all levels of the theatre closer to the stage and 'more intimate' - I can't say how good the seats will ultimately be in the balcony - but likely a different experience to that of Spider Man.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#940HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:18pm

Every date is definitely now sold out. My friend tried using a code for a single ticket and can't find even one available performance. Wow.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#941HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:20pm

Just so happy I got a ticket. I'm wondering if better seats will be released, which I may be tempted to switch to, but it is nice to guarantee I have a ticket. Only eight more months!

jonyyboy07
#942HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:20pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "@HPPlayNYC5mTickets for our 1st release have now sold. Don’t worry! There will be plenty more chances to buy tix before previews begin. #CursedChildNYC"

Does this mean that we will have to re-register with TM Verified fan once they announce another block of tickets? I was on standby and of course didn’t get a code. 

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#943HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:21pm

It's really really frustrating for those who can't get tickets myself included for the short window I will be in New York next year.   I'm going to have to wait for the next round for the future.  But I want to shout out congratulations to everyone who got tickets and thanks to everyone who shared codes, information and advice and tpo those who communicated with me privately to try and help.   That was heartening.   It's going to happen all over again when the new block is released and I dread that. but in the meantime we can get back to our lives.   

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 05:21 PM

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#944HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:22pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Every date is definitely now sold out. My friend tried using a code for a single ticket and can't find even oneavailable performance. Wow."

This is not true. I am on the website now. There are still tickets for summer/fall

Broadway Joe
#945HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:23pm

QueenAlice said: "Broadway Joe said: "These prices were ridiculous anyway, 165 bucks to sit in the balcony of this theatre? No chance in hell. I sat in the last row of that balcony for Spider-Mans first preview and it's extremely high and far back."

The theatre has been completely redesigned - supposedly with the goal of making all levels of the theatre closer to the stage and 'more intimate' - I can't say how good the seats will ultimately be in the balcony - but likely a different experience to that of Spider Man.
"

I'll gladly wait at this point to hear opinions and reviews of seating, I live here so when we go doesn't matter. I'm only going cause my gf loves Potter, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't even bother with this show because of this horrendous process to get tickets. 

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 05:23 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#946HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:24pm

Polka Dot2 said: "This is not true. I am on the website now. There are still tickets for summer/fall"

Does it work for you when you click through to actually try to get tickets? She said there are many dates that are still listed as yellow/green availability, but don't actually have any tickets when you click through.

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#947HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:25pm

Does anyone know (so suspect might be the better word) if people who were never taken off of standby this time will have priority in the next release? Is that how they did it with Springsteen? 

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#948HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:30pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Polka Dot2 said: "This is not true. I am on the website now. There are still tickets for summer/fall"

Does it work for you when you click through to actually try to get tickets? She said there are many dates that are still listed as yellow/green availability, but don't actually have any tickets when you click through.
"

If your friend is trying to get the $20/$40 tickets she is probably experiencing that. I'm able to get tickets for the high price values.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#949HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:32pm

No, it was not what they did for Bruce.  You didn't need to register again, but everyone that was already registered plus new sign ups for the 2nd round were eligible.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos