#2Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/5/23 at 10:49pm

Is Godoy, Godot’s younger brother?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 12:01am

“Waiting for Go-Whoa”. 

And I’ll pay anything to see Keanu on stage. 

willep
#4Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 12:06am

He did say on a recent episode of Smartless that Broadway was still on his bucket list.

Eddie Hirsch
#5Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 1:16am

And why not have Alex Winter join him.  Then it would be Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure meeting Samuel Beckett.   Oh, well, maybe that's such a good idea!  

Wallman2
#6Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 1:34am

Godot?  again?   

There have been powerhouse casts:  Robin Williams and Steve Martin; Nathan Lane and Bill Irwin; Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart ...now Reeves and Winter?  

Well, it does need minimal scenery.  No doubt Jamie Lloyd will wind up directing it in a very hip interpretation.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#7Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 1:43am

When I saw Ethan Hawke as Hamlet in 2013 all I could think was, "Well, it could be worse...it could be Keanu Reeves."

Edit: Ethan Hawke played MacBeth in 2013, not Hamlet

Updated On: 4/6/23 at 01:43 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 5:13am

Nobody wants this.

Broadway61004
#9Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 8:39am

If Godot won't show up for a guy who could jump over a missing stretch of highway while keeping a bus above 50 mph, then he's officially never coming.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 9:06am

Y'all realize he's a terrible actor? This has flop written all over it. Besides his fans, who's running to see this?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#11Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 9:13am

Will it be set in Byudapissed?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#12Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 9:21am

In recent years, Reeves has kind of seen a major reputation turnaround. He’s become quite beloved. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#13Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 9:30am

And he's famously known as one of the nicest guys in Hollywood, who could probably get any one of his more accomplished stage actor friends to do it with him. If Broadway is on his bucket list, I'm all for it.

Robbie516
#14Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 10:05am

This would definitely sell….everyone loves him!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#15Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 10:19am

Broadway61004 said: "If Godot won't show up for a guy who could jump over a missing stretch of highway while keeping a bus above 50 mph, then he's officially never coming."

I laughed way louder than I should have.

If Keanu came to Broadway it would sell on the level of Hugh Jackman or Daniel Craig. It would be a major event. But let’s see if this thing actually happens. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#16Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 10:20am

inception said: "When I saw Ethan Hawke as Hamlet in 2013 all I could think was, "Well, it could be worse...it could be Keanu Reeves."

"

Alan Cumming’s one-man insane asylum Macbeth earlier that year was FAR better

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

KevinKlawitter
#17Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 10:24am

inception said: "When I saw Ethan Hawke as Hamlet in 2013 all I could think was, "Well, it could be worse...it could be Keanu Reeves."

"

Keanu played Hamlet in 1995 and the reviews weren't all that bad.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#18Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 10:54am

I would LOVE to see Keanu on Broadway. But never in my life will I pay to see Waiting for Godot again. No matter how many theater professors drone on about how "important" it is, the play is just a bore. And at this point it's been done a million times with plenty of All-Star casts. I've seen several of those casts and yet I still want to gouge my eyes out every time. For the love of God pick something else Keanu.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#19Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 2:11pm

Yeah I like Waiting For Godot, but at this point in U.S. theatre history, I think it's best left mostly to university productions and academic study. 

Also, if it's to be done as a star vehicle, it needs TWO stars. Would Keanu be playing both leads Jekyll & Hyde style, flipping his long hair back and forth?

Robbie516
#20Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 7:58pm

I wonder when he will do this….he has many moves upcoming according to IMDB

Jarethan
#21Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 8:19pm

"

Well, you are in for a surprise.  Keanu Reeves actually did play Hamlet in Winnipeg 20ish years ago.  I was in Winnipeg at a training course and saw that he was going to be appearing in it.  Skeptically, I purchased a ticket for much more than I would have, but I had a healthy per diem and said what the hell.

He was actually very good.  I am not a Shakespeare afficionado -- so I can't compare him to a lot of Hamlets, but he really came across very well.  Believe it or not.

bk
#22Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 8:26pm

The funniest thing is that people here automatically believe what they read on Page Six. This is not real.

Robbie516
#23Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/6/23 at 11:14pm

I doubt that they’re pulling this out of no where…would be really weird…also Justin Timberlake did back out of doing the music man…which they reported…I have a very good source that he saw the show several times and was seriously considering doing it…that’s someone I hope will be on Broadway one day!

JSquared2
#24Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/7/23 at 11:51am

Robbie516 said: "I doubt that they’re pulling this out of no where…would be really weird…also Justin Timberlake did back out of doing the music man…which they reported…I have a very good source that he saw the show several times and was seriously considering doing it…that’s someone I hope will be on Broadway one day!"

He didn't back out, he just decided he wasn't interested.  In order to "back out", you need to have already made a commitment.  The producers wooed him, but it wasn't in the cards.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#25Waiting for Godoy starring Keanu Reeves
Posted: 4/7/23 at 12:33pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Yeah I like Waiting For Godot, but at this point in U.S. theatre history, I think it's best left mostly to university productions and academic study.

Also, if it's to be done as a star vehicle, it needs TWO stars. Would Keanu be playing both leads Jekyll & Hyde style, flipping his long hair back and forth?
"

Okay, now I want to see Cher do this instead of Keanu.