News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: Audra McDonald-led GYPSY to begin previews Nov 2024- Page 29

CONFIRMED: Audra McDonald-led GYPSY to begin previews Nov 2024

JSquared2
#700Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/7/24 at 4:56pm

They should just get David Hyde Pierce. They can even give him a new song at the top of Act Two and he can perform it on the Tonys. 

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#701Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/7/24 at 4:57pm

After seeing a preview performance of The Producers, David Geffen allegedly told the creative team that they had a “huge hit on (their) hands, but one major problem. You’ve got to fire Broderick.” 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#702Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/7/24 at 5:32pm

I thought NO HARD FEELINGS was the best thing I've seen Matthew Broderick do in a long time but that was just "wear a wig and say outlandish things with a straight face."

Anyone see him as one of the Sacklers in that Netflix series PAINKILLERS last year? Sounded awful!

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#703Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/7/24 at 5:36pm

east side story said: "After seeing a preview performance of The Producers, David Geffen allegedly told the creative team that they had a “huge hit on (their) hands, but one major problem. You’ve got to fire Broderick.”"

Despite his success David Geffen has had a lot of bad ideas, including stepping down as the lead producer of THE PRODUCERS!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#704Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/7/24 at 6:01pm

east side story said: "After seeing a preview performance of The Producers, David Geffen allegedly told the creative team that they had a “huge hit on (their) hands, but one major problem. You’ve got to fire Broderick.”

I saw the original cast in previews and also thought that Broderick was the weak link. I was surprised when the reviews came out and everyone praised him.

east side story
#705Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/11/24 at 8:15pm

Instagram account posted what looks to be a photo of Louise.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#706Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/11/24 at 8:21pm

east side story said: "Instagram account posted what looks to be a photo of Louise."

I haven’t been told it’s Palmer, but it will most likely be a film / TV personality. 

Oh look, a bibu!

corninthesky Profile Photo
corninthesky
#707Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/11/24 at 8:23pm

east side story said: "Instagram account posted what looks to be a photo of Louise."

Looks like a still shot they took out of the original video they released when the production was announced, no?

east side story
#708Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/11/24 at 8:55pm

Oh perhaps!

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#709Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 1:32pm

Re: the Reed Birney speculation from a couple weeks ago:

2nd Stage just signal-boosted that Reed Birney is doing SOLAR ECLIPSE at the Kiser, which begins previews October 9th and opens October 30. No closing date listed but based on past shows probably runs through Nov 17 (6 weeks) or later.

GYPSY rehearsals begin Sept 30 and previews begin November 21.

That level of overlap could potentially be doable if it's only a 6-week run, but would be tricky if he doesn't have an out.

Mskuphantm
#710Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 3:13pm

Here me out with the clues, if they are clues......

Will Swenson..has done drag, attractive(subjective or not), age appropriate, pairs extremely well(I mean of course) with Audra. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#711Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 3:19pm

If Musicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tony winner who has done drag. Will Swenson is not a Tony winner.

And for the zillionth time, it will not be Brian Stokes Mitchell unless Wolfe has changed his concept since the casting notice went out: Herbie will be played by a white actor, and "passing" for white is different than actually being white, especially if the show is leaning into colorism as the casting notice implies. (You don't have to agree with that concept, but whether you do or don't is irrelevant.)

As for the attractiveness comment, Reed Birney is the sexiest man I've ever seen on a Broadway stage.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#712Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 3:29pm

Since when is Herbie attractive?

He’s just an average Joe, whose loyalty and hard work make him a keeper - not his hot body.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#713Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 3:42pm

Reed Birney is the sexiest man I've ever seen on a Broadway stage. LOLZ

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!

Updated On: 7/16/24 at 03:42 PM

MysteriousLady
#714Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 3:44pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: 

As for the attractiveness comment, Reed Birney is the sexiest man I've ever seen on a Broadway stage."

Let's just say I enjoyed my house left partial view seat for The Humans. I had a full view of Reed's butt in those jeans. 

singer234
#715Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 4:05pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "east side story said: "Instagram account posted what looks to be a photo of Louise."

I haven’t been told it’s Palmer, but it will most likelybe a film / TV personality.
"

I wonder if Hailey Kilgore would return to Bway in this. She's been pretty successful since Once On This Island outside of theatre.

dan94
#716Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 7:04pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "IfMusicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tony winner who has done drag."

A couple other names that fit the bill (if not at all likely) and if "Tony Winner" and "has done drag" aren't mutually exclusive:

Billy Crudup - did drag in a movie
Sean Hayes - did drag in a movie
Roger Bart - did Madonna drag in a movie
Denis O'Hare - did drag in American Horror Story
Danny Burstein - Honey Bun scene in South Pacific
Michael Cerveris - did Hedwig
John Benjamin Hickey - does the tutu scene in Love Valor Compassion count?

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#717Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/16/24 at 7:22pm

dan94 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "IfMusicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tonywinnerwho has done drag."

A couple other names that fit the bill (if not at all likely) and if "Tony Winner" and "has done drag" aren't mutually exclusive:

Billy Crudup - did drag in a movie
Sean Hayes - did drag in a movie
Roger Bart - did Madonna drag in a movie
Denis O'Hare - did drag in American Horror Story
Danny Burstein - Honey Bun scene in South Pacific
Michael Cerveris - did Hedwig
John Benjamin Hickey - does the tutu scene in Love Valor Compassion count?

"

Denis O'Hare would be fabulous casting. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#718Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 2:45am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "IfMusicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tonywinnerwho has done drag. Will Swenson is not a Tony winner.

And for the zillionth time, it will not be Brian Stokes Mitchell unless Wolfe has changed his concept since the casting notice went out: Herbie will be played by a white actor, and "passing" for white is different than actually being white, especially if the show is leaning into colorism as the casting notice implies. (You don't have to agree with that concept, but whether you do or don't isirrelevant.)

As for the attractiveness comment, Reed Birney is the sexiest man I've ever seen on a Broadway stage.
"

Where is this casting notice?  I would be interested in reading about Wolfes concept.  That word "concept" scares me a little.  Makes me think of that recent awful Fiddler revival with the framing device.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

JasonC3
#719Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 4:40am

DAME said: "Where is this casting notice? I would be interested in reading about Wolfes concept. That word "concept" scares me a little. Makes me think of that recent awful Fiddler revival with the framing device."

A simple Google search would take you to this BWW article with the casting notice:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/GYPSY--Broadway--Wherever-We-Go-LLC-2024-43279

I'd make it a direct link but the site isn't showing me the menu bar to do that. Updated On: 7/17/24 at 04:40 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#720Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 9:13am

Every show has a “concept.” Loosen the clutch on your pearls.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#721Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 9:37am

JasonC3 said: "DAME said: "Where is this casting notice? I would be interested in reading about Wolfes concept. That word "concept" scares me a little. Makes me think of that recent awful Fiddler revival with the framing device."
A simple Google search would take you to this BWW article with the casting notice:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/GYPSY--Broadway--Wherever-We-Go-LLC-2024-43279

I'd make it a direct link but the site isn't showing me the menu bar to do that.
"

Thank you so much.  I was able to find it .  I must have missed it.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#722Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 2:04pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Every show has a “concept.” Loosen the clutch on your pearls."

Pearls are there to be clutched. I am wary myself. I hope it is good. 

someoneinatree2 Profile Photo
someoneinatree2
#723Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 4:45pm

Could Herbie be Danny Burstein? Does "Honey Bun" in South Pacific count as drag?

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#724Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 7/17/24 at 5:04pm

Wayne Brady 

Taye Diggs 

Videos