pixeltracker

Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January - Page 2

Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#25Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/22/22 at 5:19pm

Let’s just say, I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fosse’s original 1975 Broadway production with both Gwen and Chita then Reinking and Nemetz, at least 10 times excluding the many times I second acted the show.  I’ve also seen every cast change for the 1996 Broadway revival up until 2005 and did my first revisit when Pamela Anderson did her short run several months ago.  I know the musical more than 98% of those posting on here.  cheeky

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#26Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/22/22 at 5:33pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Let’s just say, I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fosse’s original 1975 Broadway production with both Gwen and Chita then Reinking and Nemetz, at least 10 times excluding the many times I second acted the show. I’ve also seen every cast change for the 1996 Broadway revival up until 2005 and did my first revisit when Pamela Anderson did her short run several months ago. I know the musical more than 98% of those posting on here. cheeky"

Well, then you're old enough to know my Roxie predictions aren't wrong then.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 11/22/22 at 05:33 PM

OhHiii
#27Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/22/22 at 5:59pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Let’s just say, I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fosse’s original 1975 Broadway production with both Gwen and Chita then Reinking and Nemetz, at least 10 times excluding the many times I second acted the show. I’ve also seen every cast change for the 1996 Broadway revival up until 2005 and did my first revisit when Pamela Anderson did her short run several months ago. I know the musical more than 98% of those posting on here. cheeky"

**slow clap**

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#28Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/22/22 at 6:54pm

JBradshaw said: "Or they could bring Emma or Dylis back as Roxie"

Dylis is doing DANCIN', so it won't be her. They should bring back Emma for a longer stint. Jinkx will sell plenty of tickets, even in the winter doldrums.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#29Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/23/22 at 5:33am

blaxx said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Let’s just say, I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fosse’s original 1975 Broadway production with both Gwen and Chita then Reinking and Nemetz, at least 10 times excluding the many times I second acted the show. I’ve also seen every cast change for the 1996 Broadway revival up until 2005 and did my first revisit when Pamela Anderson did her short run several months ago. I know the musical more than 98% of those posting on here. cheeky"

Well, then you're old enough to know my Roxie predictions aren't wrong then.
"

Let’s just say, at your age you should understand not every. Single. Word., said should be taken literally.  You’re old enough to realize that if you took the time to comprehend what someone is [actually] saying you would understand; agree or disagree;  and add to the conversation or move along…. Instead of posting a response like an arrogant, holier than thou, one-upper; who needs to school every poster on BWW for not speaking in absolute terms with 100% accuracy with no room for any tongue in cheek remarks and definitely no sarcasm or figurative responses. Everything. Must. Be. Literal. 

AND GOD FORBID YOU MENTION A TWITTER POST OR INSTAGRAM PHOTO and only add a link to your source instead of imbedding a screenshot to the BWW thread  so people have to use all their energy to click the link or use google. But then— you’ll be the first to respond to an honest question someone posts with a gif of lmgtfy and your clever google typing their question. 
(yay! See cat run. Ask Zoe later!) 

i really respected the knowledge you had and stories you shared but the past couple years your posts are so narcissistic and condescending.   It’s like you thrive on someone not posting their he way you feel this site should be policed.   Like you get off every time you get to “correct” someone for including a link instead of imbedding it in the forum…..

The past few years you’ve neglected to read and comprehend what someone is trying to say and sh*t on their post with your response. Even if what you say is  right or adds to the conversation; the way you respond is extremely off putting.   The arrogance and condescending tone gets worSe and harder to bare. 

Please Brody… take the time to read someone’s post; comprehend what they mean; and don’t be a conde****** *******.    That’s all. I digress. 

Updated On: 11/23/22 at 05:33 AM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#30Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/23/22 at 5:44am

^ And my whole rant is because your response to what a lax said.   Blaxx’s comment was solely about Jinkx being the stunt casting. It’s Chicago. They’re going to have one of their regulars be Roxy opposite A STUNT PERFORMER. It has nothing to do with bringing in a new Roxy opposite Jinkx Because they do or don’t have x amount of scenes together. 

its because Jinkx is the shows publicity for that 8 weeks. Of course they’re going to have one of their main Roxy’s opposite them and not introduce someone new when Bianca, etc is free. 

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#31Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/23/22 at 5:45am

Lana will be Velma until sometime in March.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/23/22 at 7:28am

I have nothing to add except: TAKE. MY. MONEY!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#33Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/23/22 at 10:31am

Jinkx is super talented-I've seen her many times. I am glad she is finally on Broadway, but pretty bummed its such a small part. I wish the Xanadu tour with her had happened. i want her in more theatre. This is a start. 

She and Ben sell out huge theatres. I'd love to see Chicago starring them. Not sure they have the stamina for that though. Velma and Roxie are tough parts. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#34Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/24/22 at 12:14pm

[SPOLIERS]

This sounds wonderful and Jinkx will give a great performance! I'm wondering though if this casting will clash with Mary Sunshine at all or if there may be some different interplay between those two characters as a result. Or, perhaps it won't be acknowledged and played as normal. I can't remember if Mama is in the final court scene at all, but there could be a HILARIOUS reaction upon Mary's reveal. Please let me know how it plays out if you're lucky enough to see Jinx!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#35Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/25/22 at 12:25pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Jinkx is super talented-I've seen her many times. I am glad she is finally on Broadway, but pretty bummed its such a small part. I wish the Xanadu tour with her had happened. i want her in more theatre. This is a start.

She and Ben sell out huge theatres. I'd love to see Chicago starring them. Not sure they have the stamina for that though. Velma and Roxie are tough parts.
"

Valid point, although I counterpoint that drag queens have historically weird and taxing schedules to begin with (super late nights, brunches, and usually a day job in the middle to keep it all going). Considering CHICAGO is one of the most malleable in terms of adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of performers, the show could not only be bent around them, but also the consistency of a Broadway schedule may also be enticing.

Someone else suggested this on another thread long ago, but I would KILL to see an all Ru-girl stunt cast of SIX sometimes down the road (and this is coming from someone who hates the show).

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ilysespieces
#36Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/26/22 at 12:29pm

The Ambassador is one of two Broadway theaters I haven't seen a single show in. I bought tickets for Chicago the night the announcement was made. This is what finally gets me to see Chicago. I am definitely not the only one I know who bought tickets asap after hearing this latest stunt cast. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#37Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/26/22 at 1:21pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Jinkx is super talented-I've seen her many times. I am glad she is finally on Broadway, but pretty bummed its such a small part. I wish the Xanadu tour with her had happened. i want her in more theatre. This is a start.

"

Will B&F bring on Shangela next? 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#38Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 11/26/22 at 1:24pm

greensgreens said: "[SPOLIERS]

This sounds wonderful and Jinkx will give a great performance! I'm wondering though if this casting will clash with Mary Sunshine at all or if there may be some different interplay between those two characters as a result. Or, perhaps it won't be acknowledged and played as normal. I can't remember if Mama is in the final court scene at all, but there could be a HILARIOUS reaction upon Mary's reveal. Please let me know how it plays out if you're lucky enough to see Jinx!
"

Well Jinkx I would imagine isn't going to play Mama as if she's a Drag Queen. Jinkx is normally pretty femme presenting anyway out of drag...

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#39Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 12/2/22 at 7:06am

Anyone interested in a ticket for her opening on Jan 16th?  I’m unable to attend.  Ticket is Orchestra Right Side Row B seat 2. Only asking what I paid.  Shoot me a pvt message if interested.  I don’t have the ticket yet, but would email once I get the email from Telecharge and payment.  I can accept Venmo or PayPal.  Thanks all. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
AEA AGMA SM
#41Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 12/5/22 at 12:58pm

I love her joy, and hoping I'll be able to catch her in her final week (working out of town until then).

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#42Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 12/5/22 at 1:28pm

Nice to see they ditched the ugly silver anniversary logo. Classic Chicago red looks better.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#43Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 12/5/22 at 7:46pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Nice to see they ditched the ugly silver anniversary logo. Classic Chicago red looks better."

I couldn't agree more - and I'm hoping the trend of sparkly photoshop sequins in ads is almost done.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#44Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/16/23 at 3:01pm

Really excited to hear reports from tonight. Anyone going?

"In here, life is beautiful"

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#45Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/16/23 at 3:22pm

Jinkx will be on Seth Meyers on Thursday night (presumably promoting this).

SouthernCakes
#46Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/16/23 at 3:35pm

Oh thanks for the heads up! How major!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#47Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/16/23 at 10:09pm

Jinkx Monsoon and James T. Lane’s first curtain calls as Matron “Mama” Morton and Billy Flynn:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CngAzWToY2V/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Oh look, a bibu!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#48Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/16/23 at 11:02pm

Jinkx featured on CBS New York News this morning:

Jinkx Monsoon on Broadway debut in "Chicago": "Something I have always dreamed about"

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

berniesb!tch
#49Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January
Posted: 1/17/23 at 12:37pm

Just listened to an audio of her "when your good to mama" and WOW SHE SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. The audience seemed like they were eating her up. Kicking myself that I won't be able to see her.

Videos