pixeltracker

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards- Page 2

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#25Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 5:26am

Jonathan Cohen said: "Back to the Future was the one show from the season I was most confused why they made it a musical."

Because the original is a larger than life story and musicals are larger than life.  Plus Bob Gale said he wanted it to feel like an alternate universe telling of the story.  He wanted to give it a different spin.  It's a shame that the new songs aren't popular, but just as with Eurovision, it's almost impossible to tell which songs are going to take off until they are put out into the world.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#26Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 1:54pm

It only just occurred to me Tony Sunday is also Father's Day. Does that Act One show on Pluto get replayed? I'm worried I won't be home in time for it. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#27Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 2:01pm

It's funny: this year the Oscars were on British Mother's Day, the Tonys are on American Father's Day, and the Emmys were held on Martin Luther King Day.

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#28Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 9:52pm

Having just seen The Outsiders… do we really think Great Expectations?? It’s a really nice song, but iirc they are just standing there singing. I have to think they’d take an opportunity to show off the choreography and/or innovative staging/effects, no? If it was up to me they should do Run Run Brother or one of the other high energy songs. Or, sure, some of Great Expectations into one of the high energy songs. 

I hope Tommy does Pinball Wizard into Listening to You. That Listening to You finale is so powerful.

And agree with the people saying Man of Steel for Illinoise. Sounds like Chicago is the most well-known song (I didn’t know the album going in so it’s all the same to me), but while it was important to move the plot along and the song itself is a fantastic song, I don’t remember the dancing on that piece being the most memorable. At least compared with so many other brilliant dance moments in the show. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 10:09pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's funny: this year the Oscars were on British Mother's Day,the Tonys are on American Father's Day, and the Emmys were held on Martin Luther King Day."

The Tony's were always the Sunday prior to Father's Day. Found it odd that it was moved a week later.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#30Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:16pm

If Illinoise were to do Man Of Steel (hope it's Chicago) having Robbie Fairchild dance the number would be amazing.  He was far superior at the Armory, the biggest missing link to that company in transfer.  Those lines, ease & emotion are missing at the St. James. 

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 11:16 PM

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#31Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/24 at 7:20am

CoffeeBreak said: "If Illinoise were to do Man Of Steel (hope it's Chicago) having Robbie Fairchild dance the number would be amazing. He was far superior at the Armory, the biggest missing link to that company intransfer. Thoselines, ease &emotion are missingat the St. James."

I don’t think they would ever do that. The one currently playing the role originated it and dances beautifully.

Owen22
#32Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:45pm

So it seems there is a chance that Stereophonic will be performing Masquerade at the Tony's...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/tonys-producers-show-stereophonic-1235919959/amp/

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#33Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:50pm

Owen22 said: "So it seems there is a chance that Stereophonic will be performing Masquerade at the Tony's...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/tonys-producers-show-stereophonic-1235919959/amp/
"

One of surprises among this year’s performance lineup was the fact that Stereophonic, a play which is nominated for best score and features live performance as part of the show, was not included. Have there been further discussions about them performing? 

Weiss: There are always discussions that start here and here [Weiss says putting his hands out the length of about a ruler]. There’s a lot of speculation and people forming their own judgments and opinions, and we are trying on our show to represent the season as well as we possibly can with the time that we have. But stay tuned. There are so many chapters not written yet. 

So you’re saying there’s still a chance Stereophonic could perform? 

What I’m saying is you never know what’s gonna happen on the Tony Awards.”

This is such a stupid non-answer. Just say you made a mistake not allowing one of the biggest commercial hits of the year to perform and that you’ve made a change. Why the mystery?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:10pm

I love when people avoid answering a yes or no question.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JSquared2
#35Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:29pm

CoffeeBreak said: "If Illinoise were to do Man Of Steel (hope it's Chicago) having Robbie Fairchild dance the number would be amazing. He was far superior at the Armory, the biggest missing link to that company intransfer. Thoselines, ease &emotion are missingat the St. James."

So you're saying that Broadway shows that are performing on the Tonys should bring in "ringers" to deceive the viewers about what they'll actually be seeing in the theater?  Should they have Alicia Keys do the HK number?

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#36Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/24 at 6:05pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "So you’re saying there’s still a chanceStereophoniccould perform?

What I’m saying is you never know what’s gonna happen on the Tony Awards.”

This is such a stupid non-answer. Just say you made a mistake not allowing one of the biggest commercial hits of the year to perform and that you’ve made a change. Why the mystery?
"

Yeah. Surprise moments at award shows are great, but there's nothing surprising about a frontrunner for Best Original Score performing at the Tonys. If they did change their mind about a Stereophonic performance, just own up to it and stop antagonizing fans of the show. 

iWannaBEaSedaris Profile Photo
iWannaBEaSedaris
#37Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 1:24am

I’m most excited to see the number from Water For Elephants. The choreography and acrobatics are electric and I hear they’ve been really working hard to translate it for the television screen. I think It will show exceptionally well. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#38Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 9:08am

CBS Mornings just did a segment on Stereophonic, where it was confirmed that the cast will be performing on the Tonys.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#39Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 10:16am

GOOD!!!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#40Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 10:22am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "CBS Mornings just did a segment on Stereophonic, where it was confirmed that the cast will be performing on the Tonys."

Bullying works

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#41Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 10:52am

JSquared2 said: "So you're saying that Broadway shows that are performing on the Tonys should bring in ‘ringers’ to deceive the viewers about what they'll actually be seeing in the theater? Should they have Alicia Keys do the HK number?"

I know you’re kidding, but there’s certainly precedent to your hypothetical …   e.g., Dolly Parton (9 to 5), Elton John (Billy Elliot), Poison (Rock of Ages), Sara Bareilles (Waitress).

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 11:53am

The Stereophonic IG has confirmed they will be performing, as well. Good to see that asinine decision reversed.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#43Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 11:55am

everythingtaboo said: "It only just occurred to me Tony Sunday is also Father's Day. Does that Act One show on Pluto get replayed? I'm worried I won't be home in time for it."

I consider this a particularly genius prank on the stereotypically straight dads of America. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#44Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 2:13pm

I suspect that in addition to its expected straight play categoriy wins, STEREOPHONIC has a more than good shot at winning score, so from that perspective it makes sense to have it perform.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#46Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/24 at 3:38pm

I mean, Stereophonic pulling a rare play win for Score with no performance is akin to the lack of a Bette performance in 2017. It'll go down as a baffling decision.

Glad to hear it might perform.

MezzA101
#47Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/13/24 at 10:38am

Nicole Scherzinger to Sing 'In Memoriam' Segment at 2024 Tony Awards

https://people.com/nicole-scherzinger-to-sing-in-memoriam-segment-at-2024-tony-awards-8662676

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#48Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/13/24 at 11:07am

Not only that, but there will also be a special tribute to Chita Rivera, which will feature performances from Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Bebe Neuwirth.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nicole-Scherzinger-Will-Perform-During-Tony-Awards-In-Memoriam-Segment-20240613

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#49Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
Posted: 6/13/24 at 4:49pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Not only that, but there will also be a special tribute to Chita Rivera, which will feature performances from Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Bebe Neuwirth.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nicole-Scherzinger-Will-Perform-During-Tony-Awards-In-Memoriam-Segment-20240613
"

From what I saw on Dylis Croman’s Instagram, it looks like the Chita tribute is the opening number AND will be co-choreographed by Ariana DeBose and Julius Anthony Rubio

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Latest Posts

Videos