News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 28

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

Lurker2
#675HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:58am

amazingamandakate said: "September 1st is a big date in Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised that it's sold out already.

I managed to get three tickets in the $40 range for August 8th. Feel like I could have gotten an earlier Wednesday (most weekends were sold out of the cheaper tickets), but I'm just glad I got in at all!
"

Oh, DUH!  It's Hogwarts day!  Thanks

Kathy303
#676HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I was able to get 3 tickets to the Thursday/Friday of Memorial Day weekend.   I wanted to go cheap, so I took $40 tickets.    Very easy process.

I thought I could go back in and buy 3 more for a friend - disappointed that I couldn't do that.

Good luck to everyone!

ccbway
#677HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Literally the worst ticket buying experience in my life.  And I ended up overpaying for rear dress circle seats, I think.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#678HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I also think it sucks that I wasn't able to go back and buy another pair of tickets on another day.

I have to say that, while I'm glad I'll be able to give the tickets as Christmas Gifts (the only thing they want), I don't feel really excited about it, due to this frustrating experience.

And, StubHub has tickets for sale.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#679HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:59am

I agree, that sucked. I ended up getting tickets for September and wish I had the option to select my seats, but when I finally got something, I just decided I didn't want to risk losing it. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#680HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Finally got tickets. It was weird. 

At 11:00 it did not allow you to pick your price. I opened the wheelchair access tab and found you could do it there. Kept trying and then all of a sudden the pick your price menu popped up. Wanted the 70.00 tickets. Noticed they went up to 80.00 after opening. Kept trying and then decided to try for the 40.00 tickets and bam! Got tickets for end of May in the balcony. I am fine with it. I figure I am at least in the theater and I don't need the best seats in the house! And I paid a lot less than planned!

Just give the world Love.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#681HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

It's also Labor Day weekend HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018 I'm guessing standby codes won't start going out til maybe 1:30 EST? Since the first batch of codes is active for two and a half hours? 

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#682HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:02pm

Logged on right at 11 and had that same issue while looking at preview performances. Tried two more dates and after a couple minutes of the spinning bar snagged two of the $40 tickets for early May. Back of the balcony, dead center. Lightly stressful, but overall was a pretty easy experience for me. So excited!!! 

"...and in a bed."

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#683HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:04pm

Lurker2 said: "wolfwriter said: "Why is the same row 'E' in the balcony $40 on one day and $80 on another day? Areall $80 seats are in the balcony."

Having weekend shows be pricier than weekday is standard in a lot of shows I've seen. They're higher demand
"

There might also be a difference if you are looking at CENTER vs SIDE of E. I am in center, on a weekend, right on the aisle and they were $80.

BwayinVan
#684HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:06pm

That was insane! I was trying to get two tickets for myself and a fellow BWW message board contributor but by the time I was able to find tickets they were well over $200. It looks like $130 tix are way up in the balcony in the middle. I ended up getting a $40 tix in row d of the balcony so was happy not to have to break the bank. On the date I wanted I couldn’t get 2 seats together. And for people asking you can only buy tickets on one day with one code

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#685HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:06pm

Lurker2 said: "amazingamandakate said: "September 1st is a big date in Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised that it's sold out already.

I managed to get three tickets in the $40 range for August 8th. Feel like I could have gotten an earlier Wednesday (most weekends were sold out of the cheaper tickets), but I'm just glad I got in at all!
"

Oh, DUH! It's Hogwarts day! Thanks
"

In London, they hold off tickets for that day as they usually do something special. This past year, they had Friday 400 lotto where all the lotto tickets were £40 (£20 per part). They did end up selling the rest of the tickets for that day but not initial. So, wouldn't be surprise if they're holding them off here, too.

WickedAwesome
#686HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:07pm

I got 6 tickets balcony row E for $40. It was very difficult to find tickets closer to the beginning of the summer which was our first choice. Took about 45 minutes after numerous tries and error messages. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#687HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I was hoping for cemter balcomy but am on the left close to the end of the left aisle in row F.

Just give the world Love.

ashleyjena
#688HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I'm stuck in seemingly endless spinning -- this process is miserable, I may give up and try for 40 for $40

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#689HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:08pm

Well I got $20 balcony seats for the first date I was looking at, at the very back but in the center. I wanted to see what was available closer but was afraid if I released them they would disappear. I thought I'd purchase them anyway and then see else was there but once you buy, you are not even allowed to look and see what is available!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

Talico
#690HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:08pm

I'm on the 12PM window and all I could get so far is an error:
"Something went wrong on our end. Please return to the previous step and try again."

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#691HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:11pm

Me too! I keep getting the same error!

brdway411
#692HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:12pm

I am not unhappy with the seats I finally bought, I just wished they would have let you select the section and price, not just price. Wanted Dress Circle center, got row t orchestra left with an aisle seat so not too pissed. 

They tried to give me row h  orchestra off to the side and was like HELL NO!!! released tickets and got the ones I bought.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#693HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:12pm

How are there no tickets available for days with "good availability"? I only want two tickets! This is absolute craziness. I'm about to give up, this will be running for years, there's no need for me to freak out about this now.

Rainyday3
#694HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:13pm

Site seems to be working quickly for me but I could only do March and it's sold out or it's due to their stupid issue they tweeted about.  Lots of available dates June on, almost all showing green.  I'll be there in March though so not sure what to do.

Is it showing unavailable before 4/25 because of issues or is it all really sold out?

ashleyjena
#695HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:13pm

raddersons said: "How are there no tickets available for days with "good availability"? I only want two tickets! This is absolute craziness. I'm about to give up, this will be running for years, there's no need for me to freak out about this now."

Same. I am about to give up. This is exhausting and every date with good availability comes back with no results for the lower tier price.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#696HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:14pm

Was in an out in under 2 minutes. 2 tickets, October, $165, rear left orchestra

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#697HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:14pm

I ended up getting tickets in about 10 minutes for the first double header after the Tony Awards.

Balcony F-19 for $80 (for both shows)...The service fee was ridiculous though, so my total was $102

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

BroadwayBaby4
#698HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:17pm

As frustrated as I was with buying tickets for London, this was a million times worse. Anyone else getting  the endless spinning wheel? 

Phantom of the board
#699HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:19pm

HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of course TM number is just busy signal. 

Can anyone else report the same?

Videos