News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 3

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#50Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 8:40am

wouldn't it be more classy to give Kevin a phone call and ask him in person why he has done this terrbible thing that has upset him for all these years and what he himself has to say about it, instead of doing this in a public tweet/press release?

So now we're judging how victims disclose? There is a "classy" way to deal with being abused at 14? No victim should ever feel obligated or judged for not calling up their abuser for a chat. Jesus Christ, this is why people don't come forward and abusers get away with it for decades.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#51Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 8:53am

My friend just told me her guy friend was groped multiple times by Kevin Spacey when he was an extra on HoC. Boy, bye.

Spacey is a POS. "Never mind I nearly raped a 14 year old and there are stories about me doing the same thing to others, I'm gay!" I mean, wow. Evil & manipulative and way to make this about him. Ugh.

TomSloan
#52Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 9:20am

blaxx said: "There's something really wrong with Rapp. I don't buy it for a second. He's clearly taking advantage of current events without considering the consequences."

I have known Anthony for about 20 years and I have found him to be one of the dearest, kindest men I have ever met. 15 years ago he told me that Spacey propositioned him. He did not tell me the details that he stated in this article, but he told me he was propositioned by Spacey back when Anthony was just a teenager. I believed him then and I stand by him today. It is time to stop blaming the victim.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#53Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 9:33am

I gave Anthony a really nice hug back in 1999 in front of the Ambassador Theatre. I wonder what that can be interpreted as...?

Probably as a really nice hug back in 1999 in front of the Ambassador Theatre.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 10:29am

Unfortunately, this sort of conduct on the part of Spacey is another "open secret" in the industry.

I'm glad we're coming to a point where "open secrets" have consequences.

And using this incident to come out is truly mindboggling.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

perfectliar
#55Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 10:40am

MyLife said: "Spacey "chooses" to live his life as a gay man?!
Way to support some of the worst stereotypes, set back our progress, and give us another reason to believe you're among the scum elite.
"

You're misinterpreting. He says he's had relationships with both men and women, so he's bisexual, but he now has relationships only with men. The wording is poor, but he's not saying his sexuality is a choice, just the way he is enacting it.

fb1123
#56Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:08am

the disturbing thing about this, is that this is not the sexual orientation involved, it is pedophilia.  How many others were there?  Is Kevin deflecting by now admitting he's gay, so we don't notice the minor involved?

MyLife
#57Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:18am

I don't believe I am misinterpreting, as that is exactly what his words are saying.

If he means what you're saying, then yes I agree his wording is poor. In that case, he isn't choosing to be gay. He's choosing to only pursue relations with other men (and then by men he means males, since age apparently doesn't matter).

Alexander Lamar
#58Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:24am

J. C., some of you people are truly despicable.

And I can't understand why, out of all the ridiculous threads that have been moderated and deleted, this one, with some of these statements, is still open.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#59Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:26am

Is anyone here really surprised that Dave is on the wrong side of this?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#60Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:28am

Industry People Have Had "Concerns" About Kevin Spacey, London Theater Director Says

perfectliar said: "MyLife said: "Spacey "chooses" to live his life as a gay man?!
Way to support some of the worst stereotypes, set back our progress, and give us another reason to believe you're among the scum elite.
"

You're misinterpreting. He says he's had relationships with both men and women, so he's bisexual, but he now has relationships only with men. The wording is poor, but he's not saying his sexuality is a choice, just the way he is enacting it.
"

His statement explicitly says he lives life as a gay man, not that he's bi. If he identifies as bi, the lawyers and PR professionals who crafted this statement should have phrased it as such.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#61Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:30am

Some of the responses to this thread perfectly exemplify why people don't speak up.

Spacey was wrong both on impulse and behavior, but being 26 in many ways was very immature himself.

None of this, please. Stop infantilizing grown men who should know better. He was the adult in this situation -- it's ALL on him. And your ridiculous suppositions are truly revolting in general.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 10/30/17 at 11:30 AM

elephantseye
#62Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:32am

behindthescenes, you are absolutely disgusting. A fourteen-year-old CHILD was sexually assaulted and you have the gall to say that he was asking for it? You can rot.

Admins, considering how quickly y'all responded to that Kristin Chenoweth thread, it is appalling how long it's taking to get people like this blocked.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#63Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:35am

Holy hell that is one of the worst things I have ever seen posted on BWW.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
hork Profile Photo
hork
#65Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:39am

fb1123 said: "the disturbing thing about this, is that this is not the sexual orientation involved,it is pedophilia. How many others were there? Is Kevin deflecting by now admitting he's gay, so we don't notice the minor involved?"

Pedophilia is a primary or exclusive attraction to prepubescent children. A drunken advance on an adolescent boy is not pedophilia.

Anna Lan
#66Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 11:42am

Did I just read somebody's fictionalized account that assumes the worst possible motives of the victim ever? Gross. Ick. Did not want.

That went way too far, and I hope never to be alone with anybody who thinks that way.

johannabarker
#67Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:14pm

I'm so proud of Anthony for being brave enough to share his story. Hopefully the members of the Broadway community will take a hard look at themselves in the mirror and stop excusing sexual assault/pedophilia/rape because people are talented. If the Academy can expel Weinstein, hopefully men like Kevin Spacey can be expelled from Equity.

I have nothing but contempt for the pedophile apologists on this board. Admins, can you do something>

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#68Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:14pm

Hm, so Anthony Rapp is "weird" and "sexual"? Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Good for him, and even if it were to be a negative, have you ever stopped for a second to consider the harmful impact an incident like this could have on the development of a young boy?

To imply that his "weird"ness is a reason to disbelieve him is utterly disgusting, which of course perfectly aligns with everything we already know about Dave19. How dare you dictate what the "classy" way is for a victim to respond?

Anthony Rapp has been courageous and deserves to be supported and celebrated. 

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#70Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:40pm

The only thing I can't sort out is how Spacey could apologize to Rapp while being closeted? If you apologize, you acknowledge that hitting on a boy was something that could have potentially happened, otherwise it makes no sense. So, apologizing requires coming out or else the media will raise that question, and the focus is still not on Anthony's story. But if he does come out, then he is deflecting. And if he doesn't apologize, he's just a creep. I just can't figure out the way he could have done this that didn't raise questions, just different ones depending on his choice.

Which isn't to say I'm justifying being closeted or his behavior, as I'm firmly in support of Rapp here, but it does seem a bit easy to just question his coming out as a deflection, since anything he said or not would have created a different strange trajectory.

Just another example of the closet being a bad choice for anyone.

Updated On: 10/30/17 at 12:40 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#71Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:41pm

hork said: "A drunken advance on an adolescent boy is not pedophilia."

Lol, you are disgusting

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#72Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:42pm

I guess the moral of the story is don't be a creep while also trying to be coy about your sexuality.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#73Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:46pm

Spacey is So-o-o lucky the news broke about Manafort today.

Wanda Sykes had one of the best reactions I've seen,

"no, no, no, Kevin, you don't get to choose to "hide" under the rainbow"

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#74Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:53pm

Spacey says he doesn't remember.
That may be true.

If it is, I have no problem with his wording of the first paragraph.  Deeply inappropriate drunk behavior and sexual assault of a minor are not mutually exclusive.  Both can well be true (with the first not at all being an excuse for the second!).  So I don't doubt that Spacey might well be sincere.

However, to pivot from Rapp's complaint to a public statement about his own sexuality is a really ****ty thing for Spacey to have done.

It was despicable when Jim McGreevey used his proud announcement of "I am a gay American" to divert from and mask the implications in the Golan Cipel appointment scandal.  It is far more infuriating that Spacey considered Rapp's statement that Spacey sexually assaulting him when he was only 14 as an appropriate occasion for Spacey to finally announce that he's gay.

The apparent conflation of attempted rape and or sexual assault or abuse - let alone of a minor (whether or not it's pedophilia in either the legal or any other semantic sense) - and gay identity is revolting.

Of course the horror of the spin is nothing compared to the horror of the act itself (or, if anyone prefers, the alleged act) - whether or not Spacey remembers it, and whether or not Spacey was drunk. 

Updated On: 10/30/17 at 12:53 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#75Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 1:27pm

I am so disgusted that Kevin Spacey chooses THIS TIME to come out of the closet. Whether he's aware of it or not he's using his sexuality as an excuse for something inexcusable (sexual assault). Being gay is not an excuse for sexual assault of a 14 year old boy. Neither is being drunk. He's playing into terrible stereotypes that will only increase homophobia. Shame on Kevin Spacey. 

Videos