News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 4

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#75Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 1:27pm

I am so disgusted that Kevin Spacey chooses THIS TIME to come out of the closet. Whether he's aware of it or not he's using his sexuality as an excuse for something inexcusable (sexual assault). Being gay is not an excuse for sexual assault of a 14 year old boy. Neither is being drunk. He's playing into terrible stereotypes that will only increase homophobia. Shame on Kevin Spacey. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#76Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 1:45pm

henrikegerman said: "The apparent conflation of child rape and gay identity is revolting."

yes

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

jerseygurl
#77Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 1:53pm

Remember this. When Spacey claimed to be mugged in London. A pattern emerges.

https://www.queerty.com/the-truth-about-kevin-spaceys-attack-20070913

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#78Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 1:57pm

jerseygurl said: "Remember this. When Spacey claimed to be mugged in London. A pattern emerges.

https://www.queerty.com/the-truth-about-kevin-spaceys-attack-20070913
"

I remember when this happened and I recall thinking "Hmmm....a gay cruising spot and he was mugged???...right...."

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#79Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 3:40pm

haterobics said: "The only thing I can't sort out is how Spacey could apologize to Rapp while being closeted? If you apologize, you acknowledge that hitting on a boy was something that could have potentially happened, otherwise it makes no sense. So, apologizing requires coming out or else the media will raise that question, and the focus is still not on Anthony's story. But if he does come out, then he is deflecting. And if he doesn't apologize, he's just a creep. I just can't figure out the way he could have done this that didn't raise questions, just different ones depending on his choice.

Which isn't to say I'm justifying being closeted or his behavior, as I'm firmly in support of Rapp here, but it does seem a bit easy to just question his coming out as a deflection, since anything he said or not would have created a different strange trajectory.

Just another example of the closet being a bad choice for anyone.
"

This is a valid point (I kind of disagree about the closet being a bad choice for anyone though, as a lot of it comes down to personal values, and I do know some people who have a great deal to lose by coming out - jobs, family, etc. I wouldn't say Spacey is/was one of those people, though). Honestly, since he hadn't come out before, there was really no way to issue an apology WITHOUT choosing this moment to come out. That being said, he wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't assaulted Rapp, so it's NO excuse for his behavior. 

It looks like Hollywood Reporter is saying that next season of House of Cards will be the last. The language is a bit murky about whether or not that was always the plan (and just unannounced until now). I do hope that's true and they didn't just now decide to cancel it, because there's a lot of good people who work for that show, and it would suck for them to all be out of a job thanks to Spacey. 

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#80Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 3:41pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "hork said: "A drunken advance on an adolescent boy is not pedophilia."

Lol, you are disgusting
"

I don't believe the user was justifying Spacey's actions: I'm interpreting Hork's statement as merely defining clearly what pedophillia is and that Spacey's  actions  that were described in the article  were technically not of a pedophile,  which was accurate. Rapp's story is certainly horrible and I'm assuming the user agrees with that(if I am wrong, let me know). But part of the discussion about these topics is avoiding misnomers and clearly defining the differences between different kinds of abuse/abusers. If that was all it was, one shouldn't react with hostility and assume that one is justifying Spacey's actions.  

smidge
#81Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 3:55pm

“Hey Officer. I may or may not have taken that million dollars. But I was drunk when I did it. Sorry! By the way, I’m totally gay now!”

Yeah, I think I’ll use this.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#82Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 4:35pm

The situation is terrible and damning enough without it being embellished.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

smidge
#83Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 4:44pm

Margo is right and unfortunately this makes these cases difficult to prosecute. Until someone is actually charged with the crime, you don’t know what law or charge they will try for..

Margo319
#84Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 5:15pm

Every single one of my valid, true comments were deleted.  How very interesting.  There was no rape, get a Criminal Procedural Law book and read one for all those who are saying the word "rape".  That never occurred.  It's far too late for him to prosecute him on anything anyways.  This thread is ridiculous.  Are you going to delete this comment too for being accurate?  

Updated On: 10/30/17 at 05:15 PM

hork Profile Photo
hork
#85Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 6:26pm

Soaring29 said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "hork said: "A drunken advance on an adolescent boy is not pedophilia."

Lol, you are disgusting
"

I don't believe the user was justifying Spacey's actions: I'm interpreting Hork's statement as merely defining clearly what pedophillia is and that Spacey's actions that were described in the articlewere technically not of a pedophile,which was accurate. Rapp's story is certainly horrible and I'm assuming the user agrees with that(if I am wrong, let me know). But part of the discussion about these topics is avoiding misnomers and clearly defining the differences between different kinds of abuse/abusers. If that was all it was, one shouldn't react with hostility and assume that one is justifying Spacey's actions.

"

That’s exactly correct.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#86Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:06pm

Rapp was NOT raped. He said no, and that he wanted to go home, and Spacey let him.

I would also argue that the term "sexual assault" - which seems to be in all the news headlines - is a stretch. 

Again, this was 31, almost 32 years ago. Spacey was 26 at the time, and is now 58. What he did was horrible, but it is unfortunate that his entire life and career is now more or less over because of the revelation of a crime he committed more than half his lifetime ago.

jawjuhh
#87Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:14pm

Sounds pretty clear that this was not a one time 'mistake'.  It's unfortunate he abuses his position of power and gets a kick out of taking advantage of young boys. 

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#88Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:17pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Rapp was NOT raped. He said no, and that he wanted to go home, and Spacey let him.

I would also argue that the term "sexual assault" - which seems to be in all the news headlines - is a stretch.

Again, this was 31, almost 32 years ago. Spacey was 26 at the time, and is now 58. What he did was horrible, but it is unfortunate that his entire life and career is now more or less over because of the revelation of a crime he committed more than half his lifetime ago.
"

He pinned a 14 year old boy down on a bed hoping to get sex out of him. I don’t care how many years later it is -,he and his career deserve whatever comes. By all accounts he is a predator and I will not be surprised if more step forward with similar stories. He is the lowest of lows. I personally know what it’s like to have something like this happen to you at a young age. It screws you up for life. For life. He doesn’t even remember it!! I hope he rots in hell.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#89Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:22pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Rapp was NOT raped. He said no, and that he wanted to go home, and Spacey let him.

"

Sexual assault is not a stretch.  Imagine your child, 14 years old having an adult pressing their body against them sexually, how would YOU feel.  For Anthony Rapp to come out and say this now means he is still dealing with it.  Sexual abuse/assault stays with you for the rest of your life. Spacey's life isn't over either, unless more people start coming forward and telling similar stories.  

Sexual assault is sexual assault is sexual assault.  Doesn't matter it was, it occurred on a minor, plain and simple.  I can't believe the number of people defending sexual predators in 2017. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#90Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:24pm

Not that easy, distinctive....he put him on his bed, physically got on top of him, sounds like there was other (clothed) contact and Rapp was able to get away. Not let go.

How is this different from a man doing the same thing to a 14 year old girl? its just wrong.

And it's yet to be seen if his career is over....but why is it a shame? You know Rapp is not the only victim.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

carnzee
#91Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:28pm

If someone accused me of this, I would never say "I don't remember if it happened or not." I would know darn well it didn't happen.
If someone can't remember if they did or didn't assault you, but know it's a possibility, that means he is admitting that it wouldn't be out of character for him to do so.
But at least he is apologizing and not trying to denounce Rapp, like the Cosbys and O'Reillys of the world.

Sister George Profile Photo
Sister George
Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#93Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 7:36pm

Distinctive Baritone...nah. It's a shame his career wasn't over then. As you say, he was 26 at the time - if that was his behavior as a relative unknown, imagine what happened after he became a double Oscar winner and powerful director of a prestigious London theatre. As far as I can see, the man has an ego the size of Jupiter and he has always made my skin crawl. I couldn't care less if he never works again.

Perhaps you should save some of your sympathy for his victim(s).

His statement today made me loathe him all the more.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 10/30/17 at 07:36 PM

ArtMan
#94Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 8:05pm

I agree 1000% with Jay.  There was always something about Spacey that came across as smarmy and aloof .  I really am a good judge about people and there was always something not right about him.  I had my only in person encounter with him about 4 years ago.  Both he and his security were very nasty, which at one point his security put his hands on us for just standing on the sidewalk,  They warned us not to speak to Spacey, look in his direction or give him eye contact.  At the time we thought it was a joke until one friend complimented  Spacey for a movie role.  The security person put my friend in a vicious headlock and didn't release him until I called the police. Of course the police did nothing to the guard. All this time  Spacey was grinning...his smarmy grin  I would have loved to report this story on here years ago.  However the overall impression I got of him on here was that he was well loved  I did not want to be that person to open the flood gates of members telling me how crazy I  was. Now the smarmy ass is getting his just deserts.

BroadwayNoob
#95Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 9:25pm

To those who said Rapp is a questionable guy...

He's really nice. My friend's cousin actually dated him for a while, but my friends dad ended up becoming fairly close friends with him. I've talked to Anthony Rapp on multiple occasions, and he is a very genuine and intelligent person. I would never jump straight to the conclusion that he is just saying this in the light of all the other allegations out there. This is a serious issue, even though it may have happened years ago. It's still relevant

broadwaysfguy
#96Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 9:55pm

climbing onto a 14 year old when you are a 28 year old and initiating sexual contact is sexual assault and attempted rape and kevin spacey should have gone to prison for his actions if they occurred as described by rapp

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#97Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 10:26pm

I'm confused by Stacey's statement.  He says he doesn't remember the incident but then says his behavior was due to being drunk.  So is he saying it happened because he was drunk or he doesn't know if it happened but feels bad if it did?  What PR double talk nonsense!  I also feel he compounded his nonsense by using it to come out as gay.  I have always heard the rumors and it never mattered to me either way if he was gay or not.  It has no impact on my opinion of his acting ability which I feel is superb.  But approaching a minor for sex is a crime and it doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is.  

im sure Anthony Rapp has carried this around for a long time and is using the recent revelations by actresses who have been sexually harassed as a source of empowerment.  I feel bad for him and hope he can put this unpleasant incident behind him.  

That being said, maybe the parents of young actors need to keep a closer watch on their minors as it's also disturbing to me that a 14 year old would be unchaperoned at a Broadway stars apartment party.  That situation can never lead to anything good, whether it be drugs, alcohol or sexual activity.  Certainly no place you'd want your child to be in without supervision. That certainly is not Rapps fault and Spacey should be held accountable for his despicable behavior.  Broadway, like Hollywood, has plenty of dirty little secrets and I think this one is just the start of other revaltions.    

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#98Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/30/17 at 10:45pm

I agree - his statement is confusing. It's not coming across as a sincere apology, and is a bit confusing.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#99Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 10/31/17 at 12:04am

I am 23, and I have never had even the slightest urge to sexually assault someone. So the "he was only 26" excuse is weak sauce.

Videos