News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 15

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#350HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:29pm

LesWickedly said: "Well, this just about ruined my day, possibly my week. I’m on standby. Yes I’m being dramatic but I’ve been looking forward to this show ever since it was announced for the West End. Really hoping that I get a code through standby, but doesn’t look likely. I really hate this process. I’ve never had trouble getting tickets through general onsales on Ticketmaster. Sure, this will stop the bots/scalpers MAYBE, but shuts out so many fans."

Agreed. The scalpers are finding ways to get the tickets anyway. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#351HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:30pm

TheSassySam said: "uncageg said: "Mine was for the 11:00 am slot and says it is only good for 2.5 hours. Only thing that bothers me is that we still don't know ticket prices."

Ticket prices are on the website. Cheapest is $20 for each show.
"

My bad! Just saw the prices on the website. I think I will try for the $70.00 tickets.

Just give the world Love.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#353HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:32pm

Got an email! My slot is for 12pm. So excited to see this show!!!!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#354HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:34pm

I'm also on standby, as well. Oh well.  :/

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

10086sunset
#355HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:35pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "F*ck this ticket process. I'm on standby.

For anyone who has used verified fan before - do people on Standby have any actual chance?
"

I was standby for the original Springsteen on sale date and then proceeded to receive a code for the second batch of dates that were announced. 

Standby people have also received codes weeks afterwards when tickets have become available. Seems like a fair amount of the Springsteen tickets that were held back are being made available to those on the standby line.

Standby people do actually have a chance of getting tickets tomorrow. Keep your phone handy. Even if you dont receive a standby code tomorrow, the reality is that its possible they will open up another block of tickets once this first batch goes.

Don't lose hope. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#356HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:36pm

Got one for noon! I’m so anxious. Anybody know how many slots there are? Is it only 11 and 12? 

Updated On: 10/16/17 at 02:36 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#357HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:37pm

Pricing (I do wonder where in the theater each price point is): 

Current pricing for performances beginning April 25, 2018: $20, $40, $80, $130, $165 and $199 per part. 
Current pricing during previews (March 16 to April 21, 201HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018: $20, $40, $70, $120, $155 and $189 per part. 
Premium tickets are also available for all performances. Standard Ticketmaster service fees apply.

10086sunset
#358HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:37pm

LesWickedly said: "Well, this just about ruined my day, possibly my week. I’m on standby. Yes I’m being dramatic but I’ve been looking forward to this show ever since it was announced for the West End. Really hoping that I get a code through standby, but doesn’t look likely. I really hate this process. I’ve never had trouble getting tickets through general onsales on Ticketmaster. Sure, this will stop the bots/scalpers MAYBE, but shuts out so many fans."

Les, I'm with you. I've never had trouble getting tickets. This system is flawed and that's putting it nicely. It does seem to shut out just as many fans as it does scalpers. 

nolanativeny
#359HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:40pm

It is quite frustrating. Me and none of the 5 people I knew who were going to go together are going to get a code. I wonder how many dates this block of tickets will be? I'm probably leaving the city in May so I was hoping for this to be my last hoorah on Broadway but it's looking not likely...oh well :/ 

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#360HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:42pm

I still haven't received a thing. My husband got standby. So anxious!

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

schubox
#361HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:43pm

Still don’t have anything either way :/

ashleyjena
#362HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:44pm

I got into the 12pm time slot, still really nervous, I really want $20-40 tickets, and I know those will sell first!

AllThatJazz2
#363HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:44pm

Received my email at 2:06pm. Being granted an access code, for the 11am window. This whole process is anxiety inducing. 

amysea
#364HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:46pm

My husband, parents, and I all got “standby” emails. Doesn’t feel very promising...

I will say, for Hamilton I got standby and received a code around 2pm EST...but my husband got an actual code in the morning so we had already purchased tickets with his code. My parents got no email, not even standby.

Anybody know when we might find out more re: the Friday Forty??

Lurker2
#365HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:48pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "Received my email at 2:06pm. Being granted an access code, for the 11am window. This whole process is anxiety inducing."

ditto this, exactly. 2:06pm, 11am window, crazy anxiety!

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#366HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:49pm

Standby!!!   Does anyone know what time period is the block of tickets?  Looking for tickets Memorial Day weekend?

Not to be confused with Dave19.

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#367HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:49pm

This seems like a total crap show. Everyone I know got standby. Too bad people who will actually buy tickets can't.

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

AuroratheGeek
#368HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:51pm

Both me and my wife got standby. I wonder what the odds were of getting a code...

Hopefully I can snag one of those Friday Forty tickets.

schubox
#369HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:51pm

Everyone I know has gotten an email either way and I still have nothing. Is that a bad sign?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#370HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:52pm

I did get my email for the 12pm slot, but it's really annoying that they don't have any info on what seats are priced where. I would actually like to know what I want to buy before the absolute debacle that will be Wed at noon when everyone is on the site at once.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#371HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:52pm

got the Standby email at 2:14.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#372HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:56pm

Received the email for the 12:00 pm slot at 11:11 am Pacific.  Seems like the 12:00 PM slot will be competing with the 11:00 AM slot since they have 2.5 hours to access?  Excited and nervous because the Ticketmaster website seems to come to a screeching halt on sale days like this and we can spend hours not getting in.

MyLife
#373HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:58pm

Since each code can purchase up to 6 tickets maybe we can help each other out. 

Those who got a code and aren't in need of 6 tickets could buddy up with those on standby if they can go on the same dates at the same price point.

I feel very fortunate that my friends and I got enough codes to cover everyone, even if we have to split up dates. Good luck to those on standby who really want to see it!

ak72090
#374HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 2:58pm

BuddyStarr said: "got the Standby email at 2:14."

Same here. So much for getting my girlfriend tickets for Christmas. Hopefully standby get codes eventually too, but I’m sure tickets will be sold out.

Videos