News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews- Page 17

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#400MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:03pm

By the time the show opens, Ambrose may get more comfortable with the role to the point where she will sing the role even better; just give her time.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#401MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:08pm

Ambrose is a classically trained vocalist. I have the utmost confidence in her ability.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#402MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:23pm

JIMG3 said: "At the risk of appearing snarky, it’s because the intention was to do a revival of My Fair Lady, not a production of Pygmalion."

An My Fair Lady rooted My Fair Lady does NOT need to be revived today. A Pygmalion-rooted My Fair Lady that speaks to the zeitgeist of today? Hell yeah.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#403MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:49pm

That’s an illegal bootleg video. Of course it’s going to be deleted.

Musical Master
#404MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:52pm

OMG! That Ballroom set is GORGEOUS! Could it be possible that My Fair Lady may contain Michael Yeargan's best set designs he's done for a LCT production/musical production yet? Now I feel comfortable with a production of Follies designed by Mr. Yeargan.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#405MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:53pm

Did I miss a post? I really wish I saw what was posted haha.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#406MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:59pm

Musical Master said: "OMG! That Ballroom set is GORGEOUS! Could it be possible that My Fair Ladymay containMichael Yeargan's best set designs he's done for a LCT production/musical production yet? Now I feel comfortable with a production of Follies designed by Mr. Yeargan."

Can you pm a link?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#407MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:01pm

Not going to lie... PM me, too. :)

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#408MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:05pm

Could I also get it PM’d? Very interesting to see/hear anything from this production.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#409MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:06pm

Here for the pm

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Ravenclaw
#410MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:12pm

ljay889 said: "That’s an illegal bootleg video. Of course it’s going to be deleted."

Well, it was only 5 seconds long, and pictures of the pre-show curtain have been posted, even though those are still technically illegal. But alas.

So for now I'll just say that if you search a certain show's title on a certain social media website for sharing pictures and short videos, you may find a very, very, very brief clip of a scene at the embassy ball.

broadwayboy223
#411MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:14pm

If there is a PM i'd like one too i guess

Musical Master
#412MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 5:27pm

Now it's gotten me curious as to what does the Convent Garden set look like.

BeingAlive 2
#413MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 5:59pm

would love to be pmed as well!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#414MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 6:27pm

Lmao. Gonna hop on the bandwagon with this one. Pm me too!

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Musical Master
#415MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 6:50pm

And now it's been removed. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#416MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 6:54pm

I wish we could hear a snippet of Lauren's and Harry's singing voices. Just a little snippet. I appreciate all the reviews here, but I want so badly to hear them for myself!

dunebuddy
#417MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 7:07pm

Thanks to all who have posted reviews of the show.  I am now officially very excited about seeing the production in June (Loge 300 section aisle).  At first I was a bit hesitant about purchasing tickets for one reason only.  (I know I will be in the minority here and will likely be sought our for tar and feathering but....)  I am not a fan of Norbert Leo Butz.  Every show I've seen him I thought his performance was so way over the top that it made me uncomfortable.  I'm anticipating the same here as the character of Alfred Doolitlle is somewhat hyper active.  I will go in expecting such.  Nonetheless, from the comments I'm reading here, it sounds like I'm in for a special evening.  

vegas2
#418MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 7:45pm

Ambrose's singing was soft, especially early in the show.  I think she was amplified more than the others.  I strained a little to hear her in the beginning, and I was seated in the third row, center orchestra.  Later in the show her voice was stronger.  She hit the high notes very well.  I enjoyed her performance, and would love to see the show again later in the run.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#419MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 9:07pm

Can someone pm me a link?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#420MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/20/18 at 10:21pm

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-07-09/how-pygmalion-went-feminist-manifesto-chick-flick

blm2323
#421MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/21/18 at 12:22am

Was the clip from the annoying person who was filming/distracting me at the top of Act 2? Fortunately I have no qualms telling people to put it away....

I get why people would want to see/hear a bootleg but please realize the filmer was most likely ruining someone else’s experience of a show others paid hard earned money to see.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#422MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/21/18 at 2:35am

With Bartlett Sher's well-earned reputation for excellence, and with apparently every actress in musical theater available for the role of Eliza, it would be a great surprise if he had zeroed in on someone whose voice was not quite up to the demands of the score.

Perhaps they are still tinkering around with wiring her. After all, it's not really the voice of Ambrose as it exits her mouth they we are hearing. It's that voice after several million electrons have had their way with it. This appears to bother me more than most.

Aside: I have heard Kelli O'Hara sing live many times, or so I thought. On the stage of the small theater at the Sheen Center downtown, when she stepped away from the microphone and sang a cappella "The Lord's Prayer," I realized that I had never heard Kelli O'Hara sing live before that moment.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#423MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/21/18 at 7:34am

I too would like the PM

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#424MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
Posted: 3/21/18 at 9:25am

blm2323 said: "Was the clip from the annoying person who was filming/distracting me at the top of Act 2? Fortunately I have no qualms telling people to put it away....

I get why people would want to see/hear a bootleg but please realize the filmer was most likely ruining someone else’s experience of a show others paid hard earned money to see.
"

^^^This^^^  A thousand times, this. 

Except, frankly, I *dont* get why people who allegedly love theater and respect the hard work that goes into it--from the stage-hands to the creative team to the performers--would want to consume anything that  so dis-respects and undermines that hard work.  

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

Videos